If you have any question for EIAC, you can find the answer here. If you are not satisfied with the
answer, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Question: What is the difference between Emirates International Accreditation Centre (EIAC) and
Dubai Accreditation Department (DAC)?
- Answer: There is no difference. The Emirates International Accreditation Centre (EIAC) is the new name of Dubai Accreditation Department (DAC). The name was changed to EIAC as per the law 27/2015 issued by the Government of Dubai, UAE.
Question: Is Emirates International Accreditation Centre (EIAC) a governmental entity?
- Answer: Yes, the Emirates International Accreditation Centre (EIAC) is a governmental entity, working under the Executive Council of Government of Dubai.
Question: What is accreditation?
- Answer: Accreditation is the third party attestation (such as by EIAC) related to a Conformity Assessment Body (such as laboratory, inspection body or certification body) conveying formal demonstration of its competence to carry out specific conformity assessment task. Accreditation is awarded according to international standards i.e. ISO/IEC standards
Question: Why should I get EIAC accreditation services?
- Answer: The EIAC is the largest and oldest accreditation body in Gulf Region, which is internationally recognized. The EIAC is MRA signatory to International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), MLA signatory of International Accreditation Forum (IAF), MRA signatory of Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation (APAC) and MLA signatory of Arab Accreditation Cooperation (ARAC). EIAC accreditation is an effective marketing tool for Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs) to promote their services in UAE and other booming markets.
EIAC accreditation is mandatory for conformity assessment bodies that intend to provide services in the Emirate of Dubai.
Question: Does EIAC accreditation is accepted by other stakeholders?
- Answer: Yes, EIAC is the governmental accreditation body and it is internationally recognized. As a general principle accreditations provided by the MRA/MLA signatory accreditation bodies are accepted worldwide. However, various countries/economies may also apply their national/local regulations.
Question: Does EIAC provides accreditation services outside of United Arab Emirates (UAE)?
- Answer: Yes, EIAC accreditation services are available for all those countries/economies that are recognized by the United Arab Emirates (UAE), subject to the provisions of cross-frontier policies/assessment in multiple countries of ILAC, IAF and EIAC's own policy.
Question: What are the accreditation schemes offered by EIAC?
Answer: The EIAC provides accreditation for all types of Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs).
The detailed information about EIAC accreditation schemes & relevant accreditation criteria is given
on "Scheme Criteria" tab on Footer of this website.
Question: How much is the fee for accreditation/What is EIAC's accreditation fee structure?
Answer: The EIAC fee structure is defined in the document EIAC-RQ-GEN-003 which is available on
“Publications" Section of this website www.eiac.gov.ae
Question: How can I get EIAC accreditation/What is EIAC accreditation process?
- Answer: The interested conformity assessment body (CAB) is required to submit the application along with relevant checklist & documents and fee. The application form and checklists are available on “Publications" section of this website www.eiac.gov.ae
- The Conformity Assessment Body (CAB) such as laboratory, inspection body, certification body shall submit application along with relevant checklist and application fee.
- After receiving accreditation application and associated documents from applicant CAB, EIAC shall conduct application review and issue the fee quotation. Once fee is agreed by the applicant CAB. The EIAC shall issue fee invoice. After receiving the fee. The document review is conducted.
- Once CB's documents are found in compliance with the relevant accreditation criteria, EIAC shall conduct on-site initial accreditation assessment.
- Note: Before initial accreditation assessment, the CAB can request pre assessment. Pre assessment is an optional short duration visit. During this visit EIAC assessment team meet the management of CAB and review its readiness for the initial assessment.
- On-site initial accreditation assessment include assessment of management system in CAB's office and critical locations and witness of testing/calibration/audit/examination/inspection (as relevant).
- After completing assessment, EIAC assessment team shall provide assessment findings to CAB and also issue an assessment report.
- The CAB is required to take corrective actions for assessment findings (if any).
- Once EIAC assessment team is satisfied with the corrective actions taken by the CAB and it has closed the findings, the assessment team leader shall submit the case file of CAB for accreditation decision.
- The accreditation decisions are taken by the person(s)/team of EIAC who were not involved in the assessment of subject CAB.
- Upon positive decision, the accreditation certificate shall be issued by the EIAC with validity of three years from the date of accreditation/reaccreditation decision)
- The EIAC conducts periodic annual surveillance assessments and a reassessment before the expiry of accreditation certificate. Normally the reassessment shall be conducted two/three months before the expiry of accreditation.
- Note: The detailed scheme requirements are available on “Publications" Section of this website.
- The CAB has rights of appeal against any accreditation decision. The CAB also has a right of complaint.
- Appeals and complaints are handled independently and cannot result in any discriminatory action.
Question: How long it takes to get accreditation?
- Answer: This all depends upon the preparedness of conformity assessment body. The process can be completed within one to three months.
Question: Do EIAC accredited conformity assessment bodies allowed to use EIAC
- Answer: Yes, the EIAC accredited conformity assessment bodies can use EIAC accreditation symbol after getting formal approval for the same from EIAC. The accredited conformity assessment bodies are required to submit their procedure for the use of EIAC symbol and sample certificates to EIAC. Relevant EIAC staff shall review these documents are provide formal approval to the conformity assessment body.
Question: Is there any fee for the use of EIAC accreditation symbol by the accredited
conformity assessment bodies?
Answer: Yes, the fee for use of EIAC accreditation symbol is per scheme based. The details are
given in EIAC fee structure document EIAC-RQ-GEN-003 which is available on
“Publications" Section of this website www.eiac.gov.ae .
Question: Does EIAC charge per certificate fee or royalty fee from accredited conformity
- Answer: No, the EIAC does not charge any such fee.
Question: Does EIAC publicize the status of conformity assessment bodies?
- Answer: Yes, EIAC publicize the status of conformity assessment bodies on its website www.eiac.gov.ae . The contact details of accredited conformity assessment body and accredited scope/certificate is displayed on the website.
- If the accreditation of a conformity assessment body is suspended or withdrawn, this shall also be publicized on the EIAC website.
Question: How can I know whether a laboratory, inspection body or certification body is accredited
by EIAC and for what scope? How can I verify whether its scope of accreditation is still valid?
- Answer: The accreditation status and scope can be verified through visiting EIAC website www.eiac.gov.ae . These details are available on “Conformity Assessment Bodies Directory" Section. The Certificate & scope can also be downloaded from the same web page. On the other hand, all conformity assessment bodies are obliged to provide the details of their accredited scope to interested parties.
Question: Does EIAC provides trainings?
Answer: Yes, EIAC provides general trainings on all accreditation standards and associated technical topics.
The EIAC training program is available on "Publications" Section under "Training Documents/Public Group Training Courses Program" on this website www.eiac.gov.ae
Question: What is the EIAC training fee?
Answer: The training fee is defined in EIAC fee structure in the document EIAC-RQ-GEN-003 which is available on Publications Section of this website www.eiac.gov.ae
Question: What is EIAC cancellation policy, in case a candidate is unable to attend the training?
Answer: Request for cancellation must be made in writing & received by EIAC two weeks prior to the training program date. The organization can nominate a substitute delegate to attend the training course; otherwise, the nomination application shall be converted to another training course in the future.
Question: What type of training certificate EIAC issues?
Answer: EIAC provides two types of certificates; Certificate of Attendance, which will be issued to, delegates who attended and completed the program and Certificate of Achievement, which will be issued to delegates, who attended and successfully passed the training course.
Question: What is registration?
- Answer: Registration is a mandatory requirement for conformity assessment bodies (Laboratories, Inspection bodies and Certification bodies) that are based in the Emirate of Dubai and any of the Free Zone Areas of Dubai. Registration is mandatory according to Regulation 2/2010 and 27/2015 issued by the Government of Dubai. Please note that "Registration" is not "Accreditation" or its equivalent. Registration is part of legal licensing requirements of conformity assessment bodies. At the start EIAC issues “No Objection Letter (NOC)" for conformity assessment body. The conformity assessment body submits this NOC to the Department of Dubai Economy for the issuance & renewal of their Professional License/Commercial License. Once the Department of Dubai Economy issued the Professional License/Commercial License, the EIAC will register the conformity assessment body and issues the Registration Notification Letter.
Question: Is this mandatory registration applicable to conformity assessment bodies that are
located out of Dubai?
- Answer: No, the registration is applicable to the Dubai based conformity assessment bodies only.
Question: Do registered conformity assessment bodies are required to take accreditation as well
- Answer: Yes, all registered conformity assessment bodies are required to apply and take EIAC accreditation within one year of their operations.
Question: What is the accreditation process for registered conformity assessment bodies?
- Answer: There is no difference. The EIAC follows the same accreditation process whether the conformity assessment body is registered in Dubai or has no registration.
- Question: How long is the validity of the Registration Notification Letter?
Answer: Registration Notification Letter is valid for one year. After one year, a surveillance visit shall be conducted to ensure the continuous compliance with requirements of local regulations/laws and to issue new registration notification letter and NOC for renewal of professional license.
Question: What is appeal?
- Answer: Appeal is a request by a conformity assessment body for reconsideration of any adverse accreditation decision such as granting, maintaining, extending, reducing, suspending and withdrawing of accreditation related to its desired accreditation status.
- Question: How a conformity assessment body can made an appeal against any adverse accreditation decision?
Answer: The conformity assessment body can request for reconsideration of any adverse accreditation decision related to its desired accreditation status within thirty days of receiving the decision. The CAB can send its appeal by e-mail to email@example.com
The EIAC handles all appeals against accreditation decisions in an impartial and independent manner and decision on appeals shall not result in any discriminatory actions against appellant. As per EIAC system the decision on appeal shall be made by, or reviewed and approved by an appeal committee whose members were not involved in the activities in question/matter of original appeal.
Complaint & Notification
Question: What is the deference between complaint and notification?
Answer: The complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction,
other than appeal, by any person or
organization, to EIAC, relating to
the activities of EIAC or of an EIAC accredited conformity assessment body,
where a response is expected.
Notification is a written statement or oral information/report submitted to the EIAC by any member
of the public regarding the services provided by any of EIAC's customer (an
accredited / registered conformity assessment body).
The complaint/notification can be submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org . The EIAC handles all
complaints in an impartial and independent manner and complaints not result in any discriminatory
actions against complainant.